Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Beginnings


Unless you've been in space these last couple of months, anyone reading this would know that Erhan and I were married on August 10th this year. It was all I could think, breathe and talk about for months. Countless days and restless nights went into worrying if everything was going to look okay, taste okay, fit okay. Late night trips were made to the venue sketching the floor plan, booking my lunch hours and breaks with phone calls and reservations. My "To-Do" lists were overflowing. I mastered the art of typing multiple emails to multiple people, balancing my cell phone on one shoulder while getting my coffee fix all at the same time. 
It turned out, as things always do, to be the most picture perfect day-it was everything we could have asked for and more.





The honeymoon was incredible, Victoria B.C. is so gorgeous! We wished every day that we had more time to spend, lounging and dinning and talking long walks through the city. I took a bath every night in our huge soaker tub. We were on the 9th floor with such a beautiful view of the Parliament building all lit up at night. I could see cruise ships docked at the harbor from our window, and in the morning hours there was nothing but the sounds of seagulls and silence to wake up to. Erhan got us a horse carriage ride that took us up against the water front at sunset. The Canadian mountains are so amazing. I hope we visit again next year for our anniversary.


I am back to work now, and BORED believe it or not. Relaxed and relived, but still bored. I had been planning our wedding for almost 8 months, and now that it's over, I find that I don't really know what to do with myself.  I need a new hobby quick! Hence, this website.
We have opened all of our wedding presents and the house is "almost" back in order. We kind of let things go a few weeks before the wedding. We went from not having a moment to do anything, to now having all the time in the world now to complete jobs left undone. I bought paint to color a wall in our living room, and Erhan is building shelves for our closet upstairs. Our roles as "Bride and Groom" are over, and now it's back to reality. It feels great :)

No comments: